Thursday 1 August 2013

GIY (Glam It Yourself!) : Rhinestone Converse


Hey guys!
Today is the first day of Blogust (where i'm blogging everyday this month!)

Has anyone else noticed how popular rhinestone Converse are becoming? Instead of spending lots of money on a pair I have decided to make my own and share it with you!

What you will need:

Fabric glue
Flat sided rhinestones
Ribbons (medium sized ones are perfect to fit through the lace holes!)
& Converse of your choice!

Here we go...




Step 1
Wipe clean your Converse toe tips, make sure you dry them too or else the glue won't work! (trust me... I made this mistake!!)

Step 2
Take your fabric glue and apply a thin line of it along the widest part of the toe top like this:



Step 3
Repeat this step until you have covered the whole tip! This might take a while as it's a little tricky especially if you have chubby fingers like me :) !

Now your shoes are completely finished you have to leave them to dry, a few hours should be okay but I left mine overnight to be extra safe!

Step 4
Now your shoes are completely dry remove the old laces and replace with some shiny ribbons like I have done!


You could replace the rhinestones with studs for an even cooler pair!

Hope you enjoyed my GIY!

Rhini


3 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! I've always wanted a pair of rhinestone converse but thought it was a waste of money as I already have white ones, now I can have them too haha! Seems a lot easier than I expected it too be too, brilliant, thanks X

    favouritepurchases.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so cute! I might have to try this myself! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative! Looks really cute.
    Thanks for following btw :) x


    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete